- Removes and holds contaminants by chemical conversion
- Non-flammable and non-toxic
- Accurate service life testing
- Does not support bacterial and fungal growth
- Easy disposal by landfill
- UL Classified
- Commercial Buildings
- Data Centers
- Food and Beverage
- Museums & Historic Storage
- Pulp & Paper
- Schools and Universities
- Waste Management
- Waste Water Treatment
|Max Operating Temperature||
SAAFOxidant ™ SC gas removal chemical media is engineered to efficiently remove specific gaseous contaminants from most airstreams. Manufactured as spherical, porous pellets, SAAFOxidant SC engineered media is composed of a combination of activated alumina, binders, and potassium permanganate. Potassium permanganate is applied uniformly during pellet formation and distributed throughout the pellet volume to create a completely homogenous particle. This process provides the maximum amount of impregnant for chemical reaction and optimal performance.
- Hydrogen sulfide
- Lower molecular weight aldehydes and organic acids
- Nitric oxide
- Sulfur dioxide
The SAAFOxidant™ SC chemisorptive process removes the contaminant gases by adsorption, absorption, and chemical reaction. The contaminant is trapped within the pellet and oxidation converts the contaminants into harmless compounds, thereby mitigating the possibility of desorption.
SAAFOxidant™ SC media undergoes the following quality control tests:
- Apparent Density
- Crush Strength
- Moisture Content
- Pellet Diameter
- Potassium Permanganate Content
SAAFOxidant™ SC media is packaged in one-cubic-foot containers, and 1,100 lb. (499 kg) super sacks. SAAFOxidant™ SC media is also available packaged in SAAF cartridges, cassettes, and trays.
SAAFOxidant™ SC media performs under the following application guidelines (actual capacities and efficiencies may vary):
- Temperature: -4° to 125°F (-20° to 51°C)
- Humidity: 10% – 95% RH
- Suitable for use in commercial and industrial systems with equipment face velocities from 50 to 500 FPM (0.25 - 2.5 m/s)
The installers must use dust masks, safety goggles, and rubber gloves.
The spent SAAFOxidant™ SC media must be disposed of according to local, state, and federal guidelines.
Make sure that workers adhere to provincial and state safety guidelines.
- Apparent density: 0.8 g/cc ± 10% ASTM D2854 (mod)
- Crush strength: 50 N ± 20% AAF Internal Method
- Potassium permanganate content: 4 wt % minimum AAF Internal Method
- Nominal diameter: 4 mm
- Shape: Sphere
For sizes and performance data:Download Full Brochure
|SAAFOxidant SC_Prod_Mark_Sht_GPF 1 131C new||
|SAAF Technote Gulf Oil GPF 8 104B new||
|SAAF TechNote Tire Manu GPF 8 102B new||
|SAAF Technote Tobacco Smoke GPF 8 103B new||