AAF Gas Turbine Overview Brochure
AAF’s Augmented Secondary Circuit (ASC) Filtration System for gas turbines delivers superior protection in high dust environments. Its innovative design removes up to 75% of the dust through inertial separation and positive extraction into the secondary air circuit before reaching the filters. These larger dust particles are immediately removed from the airstream with the remaining 25% of the particles captured by the versatile DuraPak or HydroPak filters.
Filters are cleaned with a reverse pulse of compressed air. The removed particles are extracted from the ASC filtration system through the same secondary air circuit, avoiding re-entrainment and prolonging filter life. This results in a low and stable differential pressure and a high gas turbine efficiency. Different filter options allow AAF to tailor an individual system to meet customer requirements and to suit given operational and environmental conditions. DuraPak and HydroPak filters are available in cellulose, blend, synthetic and (H)EPA options.
Positive dust extraction and removal
Self-cleaning for longer filter life
Maintains efficiency & lowers operating costs
The site in question operates several gas turbines in Dubai. All originally fitted with reverse pulse cartridge systems, the operator could not achieve a filter life beyond 9 months. There was evidence of compressor fouling and reduced engine performance. An ASC Filtration System was installed to compare performance levels against an existing Cartridge System and the improvement was considerable.