- Quartz crystal microbalance technology measures the corrosion of metal due to reactions with the environment, using patent-pending hardware and method of corrosion measurement
- Monitor up to 500 sites by using multiple SAAFShield Detecting Units and one SAAFShield Reading Unit
- SAAFShield Reading Unit provides a formatted data report via saafshield.aafintl.com
- SAAFShield Communications Module provides easy integration into instrumentation networks with a 4-20 mA output
- Parameters monitored include: cumulative corrosion, incremental corrosion, temperature and relative humidity
Protecting Your InvestmentThe cost of downtime is the most significant consequence of electronic equipment corrosion and failure. In manufacturing, corrosion of electronic control equipment can lead to shutdown of the process and lost production time. In other industries, corrosion of server components means data centre downtime: transactions stop, software applications for logistics cannot run, and data cannot be stored.
The SAAFShield Detecting Unit works together with either the SAAFShield Reading Unit or the SAAFShield Communications Module to display and trend corrosion data over time. The data can be used to evaluate operational procedures and environmental factors, allowing you to take immediate action and protect your electronics and processes.
Data Interpretation and ReportingThe SAAFShield RU logs data from the SAAFShield Detecting units, gathered either continuously or periodically. This data is uploaded onto the SAAFShield reporting website (saafshield.aafintl.com) to compile a report for each site monitored. The report provides graphs summarising data over the time period and relating it to existing standards.
The SAAFShield CM continuously reads data from the SAAFShield Detecting Unit and transmits that data via a 4-20 mA signal that can be tied into either the building management or building control system. The CM also displays summary data regarding how the reactivity readings relate to existing industry standards, via an LCD display that is updated every 15 minutes.
Comparison Data for EvaluationIndustry standards exist for protection of legacy electronics in process control rooms (ISA 71.04-1985), and for ROHS compliant electronics used in control rooms, data centres, tyre facilities, and other areas (ASHRAE TC 9.9 Guideline & ISA 71.04-2013). Archives and museums are also correlated to reactivity monitoring results. The data from SAAFShield Technology can be directly related to these standards, to evaluate the condition of spaces housing critical electronics or archival materials.
|SAAFShieldDU RU_Prod_mark_Sht_GPF 1 140B new||
|SAAFShield RU_IOM_GPF 3 117B new||
|SAAFShield FB GPF1135C SUPnew||
|SAAFShield DU IOM GPF 3 116B new||
|SAAFShield CM_IOM_GPF 3 118B new||
|Pulp Paper Mill SAAFS GPF6104B new||