- Removes and holds contaminants by chemical conversion
- Non-flammable and non-toxic
- Accurate service life testing
- Does not support bacterial and fungal growth
- Patent-pending high capacity formulation
- UL Classified
|Max. Operating Temperature||
SAAFOxidant™ gas removal chemical media is designed to efficiently remove 99.5% of specific gaseous contaminants from the airstream. Target contaminants include sulphur dioxide, hydrogen sulphide, nitric oxide, formaldehyde and lower molecular weight aldehydes and organic acids.
SAAFOxidant™ engineered media is composed of a combination of activated alumina and other binders. Potassium permanganate, an oxidising agent, is applied to the media uniformly during pellet formation and is distributed throughout the pellet volume to promote optimal performance.
The SAAFOxidant™ chemisorptive process removes contaminant gases by adsorption, absorption and chemical reaction. The gas is trapped and oxidised within the pellet, changing into harmless solids while eliminating desorption. SAAFOxidant’s engineering allows this to be an instantaneous, irreversible and safe chemical reaction.
SAAFOxidant™ media undergoes the following quality control tests:
- Apparent Density
- Crush Strength
- Moisture Content
- Pellet Diameter
- Potassium Permanganate Content
- Apparent density: 0.8 g/cc ± 10%
- Crush strength: 25 N minimum
- KMnO4 Content: 8 wt % minimum
- Nominal diameter: 4 mm
- Shape: Sphere
SAAFOxidant™ media is packaged in 500 kg big bag. SAAFOxidant™ media is also available packaged in SAAF cartridges, cassettes and trays.
Application GuidelinesSAAFOxidant™ media performs under the following application guidelines (actual capacities and efficiencies may vary):
- Temperature: -20° to 55°C
- Humidity: 10% – 95% RH
- Suitable for use in commercial and industrial systems with equipment face velocities from 0.25 - 2.5 m/s
For sizes and performance data:Download Full Brochure