- AAF’s Impress® pleating technology for maximized energy efficiency
- Combines high mechanical strength and low resistance for savings on overall operating costs
- Excellent performance under difficult conditions, including variable air volume, turbulent airflow, and high humidity
- Impress® technology maximizes media utilization for increased Dust Holding Capacity (DHC) and longer service life
- High capacity media pack provides lowest possible total cost of ownership with lower resistance and longer filter life
- Lightweight and easy to handle and install
- Slim-line design significantly reduces shipping, storage, and disposal cost
- Models rated MERV 13 and higher meet LEED® Project Certification efficiency requirements
|Special Size Available||
|Max. Operating Temperature||
Impress Technology is a patented pleat formation process that utilises embossed media to form the optimal pleat geometry for low filter resistance. This embossing pattern, created using Impress Technology, allows for wider pleat spacing, unsurpassed mechanical strength, and reinforced V-pleats that will not pinch off.
Energy Saving Design
The wider pleat openings and exits of the VariCel 2+HC filter deliver lower entrance and exit losses. This, combined with less restriction from separator material and better media utilisation, delivers a low pressure drop. This lower operating resistance reduces operating costs and saves energy, making the VariCel 2+HC filter the most energy-efficient 4-inch filter available.
Long Service Life
Low initial resistance, ideal pleat spacing, and higher-than-average media density allow for maximised particle management and full media utilisation. The VariCel 2+HC filter has a high Dust Holding Capacity (DHC) compared to other filters on the market. High DHC can equate to a longer service life, which reduces the number of filter changes.
High Performance in Tough Operating Conditions
The VariCel 2+HC media is moisture-resistant and can withstand intermittent exposure to water without affecting filter performance. The media pack is encased in high-impact plastic cell sides and completely sealed in a water-based copolymer emulsion, keeping particulates from bypassing the filter media. Impress pleat formation delivers a robust media pack with a burst strength exceeding the standard seen in the industry. Pleat formation and a centre support bar make the filter mechanically stable, so that the media resists distortion under high pressure loads.
Compact, Space-Saving Packaging
The slimline design enables four VariCel 2+HC filters to be shipped in a carton only 16 inches high, compared to most competitor filters, which are shipped only one per carton. Shipping costs and storage space are therefore significantly reduced.
Environmentally Friendly Disposal
The thinner depth makes disposal easy. VariCel 2+HC filters are only one-third the volume of other high-efficiency filters, significantly reducing the contribution to landfill. With no metal components, they are also suitable for incineration.